February 19, 2010

New Project



This chance doesn't come around to often. I am building a kitchen and some other pieces for a 1967 Arthur Erickson house. I started with building a sample of the door's built in pull, and it's a successful start. I am really pumped about this feature. I feel it fits with its surroundings, but it's an intimidating project.

Here's a Photoshop mock up of the door/drawer orientation. It's not going to be mirror matched that's just the Photoshop mirror function.


-tyler

4 comments:

  1. Did you use this?

    http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=30103&cat=1,46168,46176&ap=1


    Nice gig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i did. Very happy with it.

    -tyler

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got one too, I put a bearing and lock ring on it and used it to rout pulls on my bench drawers. I like it very much as well, especially when you compare it to the cost of pulls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea that the pull is built within the door. The process is going to be fun, it's my first time laying and stitching my own veneer on a kitchen.

    -tyler

    ReplyDelete